Polyurethane is a rather popular choice for waterproof coatings due to its ease of installation. Unlike other waterproofing systems, polyurethane application requires comparatively less skill and supervision. One such product is Fosroc Nitoproof 600PF. It is a pitch-free PU based liquid applied single component elastomeric waterproofing membrane. It cures by reaction with atmospheric moisture to form a tough, elastomeric, waterproof membrane. The product is designed for use on horizontal and vertical surfaces, covered by a protective screed or render.
Nitoproof 600PF is used to provide a continuous, seamless, water and vapour proof membrane for concrete. Typical applications will include roofs, podiums, balconies, floor slabs, suspended floors, patios, bathrooms, inspection pits, swimming pools and bridge decks.
Advantages of Fosroc Nitoproof 600PF
Fosroc Nitoproof 600PF is a non-toxic formulation with pitch-free polyurethane. It cures to form a permanently flexible, resilient barrier over a wide range of temperatures They offer excellent adhesion to concrete and prevent lateral migration of water. It can be applied either by roller, squeeze or spray and it requires no special equipment. The product forms an impervious barrier system, resisting against aggressive soil conditions and is capable of bridging substrate cracks up to 2 mm.
Surface Preparation or Fosroc Nitoproof 600PF
- Clean all surfaces to make it free of dust, laitance, foreign matter etc, by stiff wire brushing. Oil and grease should be cleaned using a chemical degreaser and washed with clean water and allowed to dry.
- Remove all protrusions from concrete surfaces using a fine hair broom finish.
- Remove moss and lichen manually and treat the surface with a fungicide. Wash the surface thoroughly with clean water and allow it to dry.
- Metal surfaces should be cleaned free of all paint, oils, rust and other contaminants.
- Abrade the surface well to expose bright finish and wipe the surface with a cloth dipped in Fosroc Solvent 102.
Application methods for Fosroc Nitoproof 600PF
Nitoproof 600 PF can be applied by brush, squeegee, roller or airless spray. Full details of suitable spraying equipment can be provided on request. It is applied at a minimum wet film thickness of 1.3 mm. Where required, Nitoproof 600 may be reinforced using suitable fabric reinforcement. This should be applied to a 1.3 mm application of Nitoproof 600 whilst it is still wet and be overcoated with another 1.3 mm thick application 24 hours later
The newly applied membrane must be allowed to cure for a minimum of 24 hours at 25°C. Tools and equipment should be cleaned with Fosroc Solvent 101 immediately after use
For more details, visit https://fosroc.com/english/products/