Ammann Pneumatic Tyred Rollers provide the kneading and sealing effect for job sites increasing productivity on tough terrain. The tyred rollers perform on both asphalt and aggregates, which of course means the machines must be flexible. They certainly are, with air pressure adjustments made without the operator ever leaving the cab. Ballast packages easily can be added or removed to ensure the most efficient machine and process are provided.
Ammann’s Pneumatic Tyre Roller Model: AP240 is a good fit for a diverse job site. Ammann’s AP 240 Pneumatic rollers can be used on several different projects such as subdivision streets, large parking lots, and driveways.
Operators would find the machine easy to control as it is very user friendly and easy to operate, it comes with a spacious cab. Everything can be easily managed by the operator through a control operation station. The optional Ammann Traction Control (ATC) boosts productivity on tough terrain. The proven hydrodynamic propulsion system and ensures productivity.
Some of its standout features are given below.
- A ballasting range of 9 tonnes to 24 tonnes
- Comes with an Air-on-run system, which the operator uses to adjust tyre pressure without ever leaving the cab.
- The optional Ammann Traction Control (ATC) boosts productivity on tough terrain. The proven hydrodynamic propulsion system ensures efficiency. Quality Ammann components and engineering enable reliability and long life.
- Steerable front isostatic axle with oscillation
- Tyre widths and arrangement for consistent coverage and even weight distribution
- Turbo-aspirated Cummins diesel engine Rear drive axle
- Rigid frame
- 2 working stations
- Intuitive control and handling
- Exceptional operator visibility
- Spacious, comfortable operator’s console
- Easy access to service points, drain ports and filters
- Air-on-run for effortless tyre pressure adjustment; controlled from cab
- Easy-to-adjust ballast
- Concrete ballast of 2400 kg
- Solid steel ballast of 6000 kg
- Additional ballasting space of 3 m3 in frame
Ammann’s AP 240 Pneumatic Tyre Roller Application areas;
- Medium and large job sites
- Transport construction (municipal and town roads, motorways, airfields)
- Building construction (houses and industrial zones)
- Asphalt mixtures up to 120 mm (after compaction)
- Hydraulically consolidated mixtures up to 150 mm
- Loam and clay soils up to 150 mm
- Mixed soils up to 200 mm
- Sand and gravel materials up to 250 mm