The new Komatsu PC88MR-11 is built on the foundations of the PC88MR-10 but with a cleaner 50.7kW engine and faster work speeds.Simone Reddi, Komatsu Europe product manager for midi excavators, says: “This is not just a simple model update. The PC88MR-11 introduces several improvements in digging performances and structure. The whole dig-loading cycle is improved, increasing production, giving the feeling of a faster machine. Last but not least, this latest Komatsu midi excavator features the European debut of the brand new EU Stage V Komatsu 2.4 litre engine with KDPF (no SCR needed). Enjoy lower fuel consumption, higher performances and unrivalled efficiency.”
Other improvements include a redesigned blade for better dozing, the repositioning of the low/high gear switch for better ergonomics, and an automatic change-over valve for higher comfort when changing attachments, the manufacturer says.
The PC88MR-11’s new features deliver a significant boost to productivity, reduced fuel consumption Environmental concerns are growing, and urban areas are becoming increasingly sensitive to emissions. The PC88MR-11’s low consumption and powerful EU Stage V engine (50.7 kW / 68hp) provides customers with the opportunity to participate in any tender, demonstrate environmental credentials, and future-proof their investment.
A tight tail swing lets the operator concentrate on the work at hand, with no worry about rearswing impacts, and helps to make the PC88MR-11 a versatile solution, ideal even in confined areas.
The external design is also improved with an all-new MR-11 cutting edge style. The new PC88MR-11 offers first class operator comfort, smart safety initiatives, intuitive ergonomics, huge advances in performance and controllability, easy serviceability, peace of mind through a proven Komatsu aftertreatment system, and the highest levels of standard specifications in the industry.
The operators will find improvements everywhere: a redesigned blade for better dozing, the repositioning of the low/high gear switch for better ergonomic, or an automatic change-over valve for higher comfort when changing attachments. This will be appreciated by current and new users alike.
PC88MR-11 features and benefits:
- Modern, distinctive, and desirable Komatsu MR-11 styling.
- EU Stage V compliant engine with DPF and no need for SCR. – compete in any tender, care for the environment, future proof your investment, peace of mind.
- Net power increase vs. PC88MR-10.
- Engine fan clutch system – low noise and fuel consumption reduction.
- Productivity: up 7% vs PC88MR-10. (Hoist / swing operations speed up).
- Fuel (l/hr) consumption: in average,6% lower than PC88MR-10.
- Levelling speed: 14% increase vs. PC88MR-10.
- Attachment oil flow (l/min): +12% vs. PC88MR-10.
- New blade shape: improved dozing operation.
- Travel hi/lo switchable on blade lever: intuitively positioned for productivity up.
- LED work lamps: see and be seen whatever the conditions.
- Bluetooth radio: get connected.
- Air heated suspended seat: maximized operator’s comfort.
- Attachment flow setting: easy, all through monitor
- Easy radiator cleaning: thanks to the convenient, well placed dust net
- New large access doors: easy, fast, safe maintenance.
- Engine maintenance items: all on one side and accessible from ground level – easy, fast, safe.
- Easy floor mat cleaning.